Thursday, March 24, 2011

Dream Lash (mascara builder)



Having read a positive review of Dream Lash, I was pretty eager to get my hands on it. It is a mascara builder, which means that you put it on in between coats of mascara and it gives you a lot more volume and longer lashes.

I couldn't find it at Rite-Aid, so I went ahead and ordered it from the official website. The website automatically added in a second "free" dream lash, and a heated eyelash curler. Then it charged me double for shipping! My order ended up being $34, which I was not pleased about, but it seemed like too much of a hassle to try and get a refund at that point.

Excited about the prospect of super gorgeous lashes, I waited for my Dream Lash to come. I waited....and waited....and waited.
After about 3 weeks, my package FINALLY came. Pretty terrible shipping for something I had to pay for TWICE for shipping and handling! I don't recommend buying it on the website, especially since I ended up spotting it at Rite Aid right after it came.

The heated eyelash curler didn't work, either, so I had to toss that thing out.

As for the actual product, it works pretty well once you get the hang of putting it on. This is what works best for me.

First, I curl my lashes.
Then, I put the Dream Lash on my eye lashes. It's not liquid, its sort of a fibrous powder that clings really well to the lashes. It is very messy, though, and will get all over your cheeks. (It's easy to brush off with a powder brush.)
Next, I carefully put my mascara on, over the Dream Lash. I use Cover Girl's Lash Blast in the purple container, it does a nice job of evenly coating the lashes and not leaving any clumps.
Before the mascara has a chance to dry, you can re coat the lashes with dream lash and repeat the mascara step, as many times as you like. Your lashes will keep looking longer, but seem to get more clumpy the more times you do this.
I finish with Rimmel's Lash Accelerator mascara on the very tips of my lashes (before the Lash Blast dries), just for a tiny extra bit of oomph.

I recommend experimenting with the stuff a little, and finding what you like to do. Make sure you have a separating brush handy, because it tends to clump very easily.

All in all, I would say I like the Dream Lash. However, I would definitely never buy it from the official website! It is much quicker to check your local CVS/ Rite Aid's As Seen On TV section!

No comments:

Post a Comment