Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Smooth Away





In my long quest for efficient hair removal products, I found myself making a spur of the moment purchase of Smooth Away while at Sally's. A friend of mine told me that it worked for her, so I figured why the hell not?

Well, it's pretty much really fine sandpaper in a fancy package.
The directions told me to gently rub the hair away in small circles. The first thing I noticed was that it was rubbing off my tan, exposing pale spots on my leg. Ok, so it's good at exfoliating at least. (Even though now I had to apply more self tanner after this)

The hair was just NOT disappearing. I tried and tried and it was not removing any hair. I tried it on my boyfriend, though, and it did remove some of his really long leg hair. It left stubble behind.

So, all in all, totally not worth it. Apparently, you have to have hair like an ape or man in order for it to remove anything and it still leaves stubble. It's still easier to shave.

Two thumbs down.

No comments:

Post a Comment