Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sally Hansen's Spray on Shower off hair remover



I bought this stuff after hearing my sister rave about it. She said it worked really well for her, and her legs stayed smooth for awhile.
It's about $9 a bottle, and I found mine at Walgreens. I went ahead and bought the extra strength formula, since I am plagued with super thick hair.

I got it home and decided that I didn't want to be the guinea pig. My boyfriend willingly let me spray some onto his pubic hair to try it out. It came out of the bottle pretty evenly, and didn't smell too terrible at first. You are supposed to let it sit on the area for 3 minutes, then check and see if it is doing anything.
It wasn't.

We left it on a little longer. The label advises that you not leave it on longer than 10 minutes, so he washed it off after maybe 6 minutes. The smell was getting worse as time went on, but still not as bad as Nair.
In the end, some of his long hair came out, but it was sort of patchy, and didn't work very well.

I tried it myself on my legs a few weeks later, and left it on for the full 10 minutes. I didn't have any burning or anything, no discomfort at all. When I washed it off, none of my stubble was gone. It smelled pretty bad, and was a waste of time.

I would not recommed this stuff. It's way too expensive, and it would take longer than just shaving, anyhow. It didn't seem to work all that well, and now I am stuck with half a bottle of the stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment