Friday, April 3, 2009

Revitalash



With high hopes, I purchased revitalash on ebay on 1/12/09 for $70.
I had read really good reviews of the old formula, and was hoping that the new formula could live up to it's standards.

I have been using it since then, and I am very dissapointed with it. My eyelashes are not even the slightest bit longer. They do look less clumpy with mascara on, but that is hardly worth the money.

Apparently, they isolated the ingredient in a rx eye drop typically used for glacoma patients, which had a side effect of making thick, long, luxurious eyelashes. Well, apprently the producers of revitalash didn't get proper legal clearance to use said rx, and due to patent laws, as well as the fact the the makers of the eye drop (Allergen) saw they were sitting on a goldmine, revitalash was forced to reformulate.
(source EDN)

You can still get that eye drop, which has been reformulated by Allergen into Latisse. I'm pretty sure you need to get it from a plastic surgeon or something, but there is a doctor finder on their website.

The stuff is crazy expensive, about $120 a month, but from almost every review I have read is incredible.

Hopefully, I will have a review of Latisse in a month or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment